E-commerce Shopping Behaviors: Key Factors Impacting Conversion
The state of e-commerce is rapidly evolving and it has become increasingly challenging for retailers in light of the current global pandemic, in addition to the difficulties retailers generally experience in keeping pace with technological innovation and consumer expectations.
While the data in this report was gathered and compiled in 2019 just prior to the escalating health crisis, we still feel that there are valuable insights in the data to share. For retailers that are experiencing fewer disruptions due to their product categories being more relevant to social distancing, we believe that much of this data will still be germane. For others, this data can provide a strong benchmark on which to measure and assess future shifts in online shopping behaviors after we emerge from this current pandemic period.
We hope you find this data helpful, understanding that it represents a snapshot of the online landscape before the current market disruptions that we will continue to monitor as the retail and e-commerce landscape evolves.
IN THIS REPORT, FLOW COVERS THE FOLLOWING:
- The filtering capabilities shoppers expect to have when browsing a site
- Product details shoppers need to make purchase decisions
- The importance of user generated content and recommendations
- The most effective promotions and offers by country
- Channels driving traffic to retail sites
- Purchase factors that matter most
- What should retailers do about these findings?