Who we are:
Flow is an API driven platform for e-commerce merchants to sell & ship globally from their own sites. Providing the entire supply chain merchants require from international payment methods to a multitude of shipping options and all aspects of the upstream site localization such as duty/tax calculation, local pricing rounding and product restrictions. These challenges create enormous friction to selling globally for merchants, Flow solves them all through its SaaS platform with each element fully configurable and with pre-integrated choices of underlying providers. The results is a new generation platform for cross-border commerce focussed on the customer experience and maximising conversion rates.
Flow was the brainchild of Rob Keve (CEO) and Mike Bryzek (CTO). Their shared vision to create a next-generation solution for cross-border e-commerce was the natural evolution of their roles as founder of customer-experience pioneer Fizzback (acquired by NICE) and co-founder of e-commerce giant Gilt (acquired by HBC). Flow is the solution Rob wished he had at Fizzback to show best practices in customer experience and Mike wished he had at Gilt to generate international sales.
*We recently raised a $16M Series A round of funding from Bain Capital Ventures
Director ECommerce Platform Engineering
As Director, ECommerce Platform Engineering you will leverage your past experience with ecommerce platforms (Demandware/Magento/Spree) to lead and oversee all client integrations at Flow. Additionally, you will work closely with our Backend engineering team to design and build API’s.
- Own client integrations into Flow Commerce
- Lead development of plugins into major ecommerce platforms (demandware, shopify, spree, magento, etc.)
- Contribute directly to engineering in the cartridges / plugins / etc.
- Manage platform relationship, maintaining compliance
- Ideal candidate is a demandware certified engineer
- Work closely with sales and business development to make sure Flow is at the top-of-mind for potential customers that use e-commerce platforms we support
- Participate in Flow API design and platform building
- Computer science background and/or relevant full-stack engineering experience, leaning more towards backend
- Certified Salesforce Commerce Cloud developer
- Experience with platforms should include backend development of cartridges/plugins vs simply designing a site with existing tools
- Worked in a fast-moving agile-like environment
- Experience managing technical client engagements as solutions architect
- Development experience and certifications for other e-commerce platforms that are not Demandware
- Development experience outside of e-commerce platforms, preferably with Scala/Java/Play and cloud-based microservice architecture